Minden House overlooks the picturesque Gull River in the quaint village of Minden, and is within easy walking distance to the town centre where you will find restaurants, shops, banks as well as the museum, art gallery, fairgrounds, community centre, curling club, and hospital.
We offer year round accommodation with 5 fully equipped (including all linens), self-catering and pet-friendly (dogs only) cottages featuring river view and access with ample parking. Included with each cottage is Cable TV/DVD, WIFI, barbeque, picnic tables, use of bicycles, canoe (from our dock), snowshoes in winter.
Conveniently located in the Haliburton Highlands, near Algonquin, Muskoka and the Kawarthas, our cottages are ideal for:
- family vacations and get-togethers
- mini-breaks and romantic getaways
- accommodation for business trips, wedding parties, etc.
- parents with children at local summer camps (Onondaga, Kilcoo etc.)
- home base for golfing, fishing, hiking, canoeing and kayaking, dogsledding, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, public beaches
- just relaxing and taking in the natural beauty of the Highlands. Each season has its own special beauty; the fall is popular for touring and taking in the exquisite colours.
Our location is also convenient for visitors participating in special events throughout the year, including curling bonspiels, whitewater kayaking competitions, off-roading events including CASC Ice Racing, Hike Haliburton, Fall Studio Tour, Haliburton County and Kinmount Fairs, and more. Minden Whitewater Preserve, Haliburton School of the Arts, Haliburton Forest with Wolf Centre and Walk in the Clouds canopy tour are all within a short drive.